This e-learning module through its various chapters will make you aware of the dental procedures that are performed commonly in an established dental practice. Each chapter contains a portion that tells about the role of dental assistant in that very dental procedure that enables the assistant to understand the chapter from his own perspective. The e-learning has been made interactive by incorporation of quiz either in between or at the end of each chapter.
Instructors : Dr Abhinav Kathuria MDS, Dr. Shallu Khatri, BDS
Facility Credits: Gums & Braces Dental Clinic
All common dental procedures such as dental checkup, exam, filling, crown, bridge, extraction, root canal, dental implant, mouthguard, sealants, veneers have been discussed in this course.
The chapters include following topics:
- What is scaling & how can it be done.
- Benefits of scaling
- Consequences of delay in procedure of scaling.
- Role of dental assistant in scaling.
The process of cleaning of teeth by dentist is called scaling. By the end of this chapter, the learner will get a brief insight of:
Scaling - 4:51
- What is extraction & what are its indications.
- Types of extraction procedures
- Consequences of delayed extraction
- Role of dental assistant in extraction procedure.
Extraction is defined as process of removal of tooth from its socket.by the end of this chapter, the learner will be aware of:
Tooth Extraction - 7:52
- What is filling & what are its indications
- Various tooth filling materials/cements available in the market
- Steps in filling of tooth
- Various instruments used in filling of tooth
- Consequences of delayed filling of decaying tooth.
- Role of dental assistant in filling of tooth
A tooth is said to be filled, when its decayed part is removed & filled with an adeqaute filling material.By the end of this chapter the learner will get a brief insight of:
Dental Filling - 6:13
Mixing of Dental cement - Glass Ionomer cement - 7:23
- How does pulp of tooth gets infected.
- Various steps in root canal therapy.
- Consequences of delayed RCT
- Role of dental assistant in root canal therapy
Root Canal Therapy (RCT)
In this procedure, the infected & rotten pulp of a decayed tooth is removed & canal is filled with a filling material after thorough cleaning. By the end of this chapter the learner will get a brief insight of:
Root Canal Therapy (RCT) - 2:19
- What is a dental cap & why is it required.
- Various types of dental caps available in market.
- Steps involved in fabrication of permanent crown.
- Consequences of delayed placement of crown
- Role of dental assistant in placement of dental cap
Dental Cap- Crown
A dental cap or crown is an artificially constructed cap which is placed over original tooth structure.by the end of this chapter, the learner will get a brief insight of:
Dental Cap - Crown - 3:22
- What is a denture & what are its various types
- Steps involved in making of a removable complete denture.
- Various dental materials used in fabrication of a complete denture.
- Benefits of placement of dentures.
- Consequences of delayed denture placement
- Role of dental assistant in fabrication of dentures.
A denture replaces missing teeth & surrounding tissues. By the end of this chapter, the learner will get a brief insight of:
Denture Fabrication - 6:29
- What is an implant & what all benefits does it provide over other alternatives.
- Parts of dental implant.
- Procedure of placement of dental implant.
- Role of dental assistant in placement of dental implant.
A dental implant is a new age denture which is placed inside patient’s jaw to replace a missing tooth. By the end of this chapter, the learner will get a brief insight of:
Dental Implants - 3:42