Introduction of the Course Healthcare-associated infection (HAI) is one of the most frequently occurring adverse events and a major public health problem. HAI impacts on morbidity and mortality. A large percentage of the various types of HAI are thought to be preventable. There is now a growing body of work on the global burden of harm caused by HAI, as well as the strategies necessary for its reduction and prevention. Objectives:
- At the end of the course the nurse will able to:
- Understand and minimize the risk of infection to patients, health care workers and visitors.
- Educate and train other health care workers for the prevention of HAI.
- Actively participate in surveillance activities.
- Reinforce the hand hygiene practices.