Infection Control Skills
Safe and efficient health care depends on skills adopted in controlling infections in hospital settings.
Introduction of the course
This course on Hand washing will enable nurses to understand the importance of hand washing in health care settings to prevent infection.
The objective of this course is to:
- Understand the concepts related to hand washing
- Explain the types of hand washing
- Demonstrate the procedure of hand washing
- Distinguish between the myths and facts of hand washing
Infection prevention and control is fundamental in improving the safety and quality of care provided to patients and is everyone's responsibility. It is vital that all staff have the necessary knowledge, understanding and skills in order to continue to improve the overall safety and quality of patient care.
Hand washing is one of the most important infection control measure to address healthcare associated infections.
The module deals with the following topics:
- Introduction to PPEs
- Sequence of using PPEs
- Demonstration on donning and removal of PPEs