Traumatic Dental Injuries
This course is designed to enhance the clinical skills for the management of traumatic dental injuries in the clinical practice.
Introduction of the course This course is designed to enhance the clinical skills for the management of traumatic dental injuries in the clinical practice.
- Understand why treating a traumatic dental injury is important
- Understand the different types and causes of traumatic injuries
- Become familiar with dental trauma classification systems
- Utilize a systematic approach for evaluating a patient with dental trauma
- Become familiar with diagnostic methods and radiographic techniques for different trauma patients
- Understand how to examine for trauma
- Understand current dental trauma guidelines
- Develop clinical criteria for treatment
- Diagnose and treat dental trauma in the primary and the permanent dentition
- Become familiar with emergency management of dental trauma
Traumatic Dental Injury is an impact injury to the teeth and/or other hard and soft tissues within and around the vicinity of the mouth and oral cavity. As a clinician we frequently find the variety of dental trauma cases in our clinic.