Urinary catheterization is a routine medical procedure that facilitates direct drainage of the urinary bladder. Take this course and learn all the procedures of urinary cathererization.
Urinary catheterization is a routine medical procedure that facilitates direct drainage of the urinary bladder.
- At the end of the course the learner would be able to:
- To understand the basic concepts of urinary catheterization and removal
- To demonstrate the procedure of urinary catheterization (male and female)
- To demonstrate the procedure of removal of catheter
- Describe the care of patient with an indwelling catheter
Urethral catheterization is the introduction of a urinary catheter into the urinary bladder via urethra to drain out urine. It enables to maintain the patient’s elimination pattern and thereby prevent retention of urine.
This part of the module deals with the basic concepts and articles needed for performing catheterization.
This part of the module demonstrates the patient preparation and procedure of performing male and female catheterization.
This part of the module demonstrates the method of removal of anindwelling catheter, and performing catheter care in patients with indwelling catheter.