Venous Blood Sampling and Arterial Blood Sampling
Get the detail information of various types of blood sampling here:
Introduction of the course
This module deals with a brief introduction to the commonly used Blood Vacutainers, preservatives used in them and the investigations for which each can be used.
The objective of this module is to:
- Understand the concepts related to Blood sampling (Venous and Arterial)
- Develop skill in performing blood sampling
- Help nurses understand about the various Vacutainers used
- Venous blood sampling (Demonstration)
- Arterial Blood Sampling (Demonstration)
- Arterial Blood Gas (ABG) analysis using an ABG machine (Demonstration)
Blood sampling is one of the most common investigations done on regular basis for diagnostic and therapeutic purpose. This module describes the theoretical knowledge and clinical skills in performing venous and arterial blood sampling.
This part of the module describes the key concepts of performing blood sampling particularly venous blood sampling.
This part of the module describes the key concepts of performing blood sampling particularly arterial blood sampling.